I adore shopping for the special women in my life. I try to gift luxurious and fun items that they would never buy for themselves, and below are my 2013 picks. Enjoy and good luck!
1. Baggu Leather Pouches – These pouches come in 2 different sizes and are perfect for stashing your makeup or loose change.
2. Poppin Monogrammed Notebook – Like many women, I am always in need of a notebook to jot down lists and ideas. Here’s a super classy one that doesn’t cost big bucks.
3. Madewell Orbit Bracelet – Adorable and affordable.
4. Clare Vivier Monogrammed Keyring Tassel – I die for this personalized tassel but would never buy this for myself. Boyfriend, are you reading this?
5. Diptyque Candle – Give the king of all candles to the queen in your life.
6. Chemex Coffee Maker – Pair this with her favorite coffee and you’ve got a winner.
7. Maslo Anchored Necklace – This chic and modern necklace looks expensive but is only $42.
8. Bunny Lamp – A unique piece befitting your interior deisgn-obsessed friends, the lamp’s light bulb is positioned to look like a bunny’s tail.
9. New York Balsam Pillow – Emanating the scent of fresh pine trees, this pillow is perfect for undie drawers and closets.
10. Subscription to Domino Magazine – Do I have to explain?
11. Catbird Threadbare Ring – I wear this ring everyday and it elicits so many compliments from strangers and friends.
12. Shobha Eyebrow Threading Session – Severely underrated, eyebrow grooming can drastically enhance the look of one’s face. This clean and brightly-lit salon has wonderful customer service and the best eyebrow technicians in Manhattan. (Please believe that I have tried everywhere.)
13. Twig Terrarium – Who doesn’t love a terrarium? Twig’s pricing ranges between $25- $300 and options include DIY kits or fully-assembled terrariums.
14. Naked 3 Palette – The latest edition of this versatile make-up palette works on all complexions and lasts forever. Great value for a luxurious and functional present.
15. Library of Flowers Parfum Creme – Besides the charming packaging, this intensely-rich creme comes in 12 scents and soothes dry skin during the harsh winter months. Oh, also, Oprah named this product one of her favorite things.
16. John Barrett @ Bergdorf Goodman Braid Bar Session – It’s no secret that my hair-styling skills are severely lacking. Since the John Barrett Braid Bar opened, I quietly pined for a session, but stuck with my strict embargo against such frivolous expenses. However, if someone handed me a gift card, I’d dance like Snoopy and immediately zip to Bergdorf’s. Cue: cloud of smoke
17. Eye Clock – Hilarious and functional, this clock is a great gift for the special goofballs in your life.
18. Lizzie Fortunato Scale Bracelet – Organic and arresting, you cannot go wrong giving anything from this designer.
19. Alpaca Throw – Supremely soft and beautifully designed, this throw is a slam-dunk for moms and sisters.
20. Saturdays NYC Candle – Stunning design and alluring scent.
21. Magic Carpet Yoga Mat – Designed to emulate a Persian rug, this yoga mat is just everything. Magic Carpet offers several different designs that any yoga-enthusiast will be thrilled to receive.
23. Imitation Malachite West Elm Jewelry Box – Indulge her in of the season’s hottest trends with a present that is functional and budget-friendly.
24. Dry Bar Blow Out – Boys, treat your lady to this fancy luxury and she’ll be super enthused. I guarantee it.
25. Magnetic Cloud Key Holder – I can never, ever find my keys. This cute cloud is necessary!
26. Pixel Laptop Sleeve – My head exploded when I first laid eyes on this sleeve. Offered in various sizes that accommodate iPads and laptops, this is a great find for the tech-obsessed.
27. Frends Layla Headphones – Aesthetically and aurally-pleasing, these headphones are the perfect marriage of form and function.