When planning my annual New Year’s Eve party, I try to keep the food, materials and decor inexpensive, easy and quick. Below are some of my favorite recipes, games and decor for those of you who need some last-minute ideas.
Happy New Year!
1. Scallion Meatballs with Ginger-Soy Glaze – These take a bit of work, but the end result is completely worth it.
3. Pigs in Blankets – These are fast, but if I’m really short on time, there is no shame in buying pre-made, frozen ones. Nobody will know the difference!
4. Crudites – Good accompaniments for artichoke dip and baked brie.
5. Jam Straws – These are super easy to make and the end result is elegant and tasty.
6. Bacon-Wrapped Dates – Always a party hit, these fancy-lookin’ treats require no culinary skills and cook quickly.
7. Pastry-Wrapped Baked Brie with Apple Slices, Carr’s Water Crackers and Grapes – This idiot-proof recipe takes no time.
8. Bowls of Olives – My favorite snack to place throughout party spaces.
9. Cake Batter Cookies – If you don’t have time to make cookies from scratch and dislike pre-made dough (the rolls sold in the dairy section), these are a delicious, easy alternative.
10. Teriyaki WIngs – Not gonna lie, these take a little bit of time, but are so worth it!
11. Gingerbread Snacking Cake – This also requires some effort, but your stomach will thank you.
2. Cards Against Humanity – So fun, but don’t play if kids are around!
3. Dominos – We played dominos all night last New Year’s and had a blast.
4. Wise & Otherwise – The game’s objective is to correctly complete the last line of proverbs from around the world. As you can imagine, this gets increasingly funny as the night goes on.
5. Jungle Speed – The more you drink, the more fun this party gets! I promise a lot of laughter.
1. Clusters of Clocks – Gather clocks around your house and cluster them to create a centerpiece or focal point.
2. Balloons – An easy way to instantly add a festive touch to your home.
3. String Lights – Re-purpose them from your Christmas tree once more before they get packed away.
4. Paper Fans – Super affordable and easy to find at any Party City, Target and Michael’s
5. Gold Fringe Curtain – Perfect for wall decor, especially if you buy several and layer them at different heights on the wall (and trim them) for a pinata texture-like effect.
6. DIY Pipe Cleaner Crown – Cheap and chic.
7. Noisemakers – Unique noisemakers will add a nice touch as an alternative to tired cardboard ones.
8. Sequin Wall via Oh Happy Day – This is great for a photo booth or just as wall decor.
9. Champagne-shaped bottles of bubbles – A fun way to usher in the new year.